Since the rise of the digital era, how companies, consumers and individuals do business and interact has changed immeasurably. Websites, apps, chatbots and more have become integral to our day-to-day lives. And they have helped improve our lives too, providing new ways to engage, to save time and to be more efficient. As digital technologies become ever more entwined in the way we live, providing digital products and services will be a key way to meet and exceed customer and employee expectations.
A well designed digital product has the power to transform the way we do business and can have a significant impact on a company’s bottom line too. We have the opportunity to engage more easily, deliver more value and delight users. However, to achieve these goals, digital products need to solve real user problems, they need to provide solutions, and they need to be reliable and secure. Delivering digital products that meet these goals is no mean feat. And that is where having a digital product design agency on board can make all the difference.
What is Digital Product Design Consultancy?
Digital product design is all about creating and delivering value to end-users and, indeed, businesses. The thing to remember, however, is that end-users don’t care about the digital product itself; what they care about is the value it brings. So, while you might think of digital product design being about using technology to deliver fancy features and functionality, that approach can lead to lost time and money. Features should always be secondary to value and the core purpose of a digital product.
A digital product design consultant should work to create products that people love and, ultimately, that make them feel better about themselves or make their lives easier. If you can create these products, then your business can gain traction. After all, value to your customers translates to value to your business.
How Digital Product Design and Development Drives Business Growth
Customer expectations are rising, which makes acquiring them more challenging than ever. This means that you need to find ways to deliver value that will keep your customers coming back for more and that will help you stay ahead of the competition. Investing in digital product design and development can help you deliver value, gain repeat customers and grow your business. With the right digital production design and development team, you can:
- Uncover Problemes – before developing a digital product, it’s vital to understand why. Full discovery of core business problems is an essential piece of the puzzle when it comes to design and development and should always be the first step.
- Build Solutions – once you understand the problems your business and your users are facing, you are in a position to design meaningful, innovative solutions. With a full team of designers on board, you have the power to make a real difference.
- Drive Revenue – practising customer-focused product design is a powerful differentiator. Talking to end-users throughout the development process and thinking of their needs at all times ensures that digital products meet their needs. By doing this, products are more widely adopted and companies realise higher revenue and growth.
- Establish Your Brand – every product you create is an extension of your business and your brand. By ensuring that digital production design and development is focused on your business values, you can build consistent experiences that build brand awareness and, ultimately, brand advocacy.
Advantages of Partnering With a Digital Product Design Agency
If you’re considering working with a digital product design consultant, you’re on the right track. However, a digital product design agency should be more than just a company, it needs to be a partner. In that way, they are as invested in the project as you are and motivated to help you realise your business goals. A great digital product design agency can help you through the entire process of developing a digital product guiding you through the journey and adding value at each stage of the process, including:
- Discovery and Consultation – this is a vital stage in the process, as we’ve discussed, where you need to determine the viability of the idea you have. Your digital partner will ask questions such as why now, what problem are we solving and who will benefit. The company will also look at your existing infrastructure and ensure that the idea is suitable, will deliver a good return on investment and will help move your business forward.
- Innovation and Engineering – before you can start developing a digital product, you need to understand exactly what it is. An agency will look at what platforms, devices and channels your solution needs to work on and will help you to engineer a scalable solution that will work seamlessly across all of these and integrate with your existing business systems.
- Designing and Developing – once you have decided upon the product you are building, there are many stages to the design and development process. With their expertise and experience, an agency will do design the framework of your product, create prototypes, build the solution and test everything works perfectly. And, of course, they’ll include you at every step of the way.
- Maintaining and Improving – while your product should be amazing, there is no digital product that can’t be improved. An agency will help you to fix bugs or unseen problems, maintain your product to ensure it is working optimally and help you make improvements, so it delivers even more value now and in the future.
Finding a Digital Product Designer Sydney
Great product design can deliver higher revenue, customer retention and brand recognition, however, it takes time, effort and resources. That’s why it pays to find the best digital product design company to partner with. You need to look for a team that has diverse professional experts with both practical and theoretical knowledge. What’s more, you need a team that applies best practices in design thinking, that understands the importance of delivering value to your end-users, and that is invested in helping your business to succeed.